Re: atk compiled using msvc6

 > I vote for making branches of gtk runtime environment, for example
 > branches will be:
 > 1. compiled using gcc with speed optimizations
 > 2. compiled using gcc with size optimizations
 > 3. compiled using msvc6

Are you volunteering? Anybody is of course free to provide as many
different builds of an Open Source software package as she likes.
Sorry, I don't own a licence for msvc6.

But I don't understand why this would be needed for GTK on Windows,
when the Linux distributions feel fine to provide GTK (and all other
packages) compiled just one way (optimized for speed,
presumably). Heck, no commercial software provider for Windows gives
you the choice either.
this was only an idea, maybe a bad one. but I still think that
gtk runtime could be optimized for speed and space with msvc6.
someone with a licence for msvc6 could provide a binary distribution.
why not give people a choice? because commercial software providers
don't do that?

 > 4. maybe some others compilers could be used, bcc ?

That would be a good idea (only) if the ABI of bcc-generated code
isn't binary compatible with gcc/MSVC -compiled. Is it?
I know that bcc dlls are not compatible with msvc, although they can be
transformed I think. but bcc compiled gtk could be used in bcc projects.