Re: atk compiled using msvc6

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:12:16 +0000
Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:

 > I compiled atk and the dll file has only 45kB. does this mean that
 > Tor's
 > atk dll which has 185kB has debug informations ?

It is compiled without -g, but it does have some symbols left
anyway. But stripping those still leaves its size at 124416 bytes, so
I don't understand how you can get it to be just 45 kB size?
I don't know and I didn't test it. here is gzipped dll
http://huamisoft.com/atk-2.0-0.dll.gz

As long as we aren't talking about orders of magnitude, I doubt
minimizing the disk space required for an installation is a goal for
GTK developers...
I think the same way, but it would be nice to have gtk runtime
version compiled with msvc6 also with gcc version available to download
and use. I don't own a licence for msvc6, I compiled it in a job.
Maybe someone with such a licence could provide this then anyone could
use it in their projects if they want.

--
Hubert Sokolowski

--