Re: [Gimp-developer] Console window on Win32

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

The consensus so far seem to be that GLib should not open any console windows by itself. OK, fine with me, such a change could be done even in the stable branch (2.4.x) IMHO. But I certainly hope that it doesn't mean that people then will start whining that they want "log windows" for warnings and error messages. Sheesh, that's what the console windows are/were, dammit.

I vote for the status quo.

Nobody wants ugly console error boxes popping up in production code, but this is useful for debugging; if there are errors happening, the coder should know. You can easily turn the error-displaying console off via g_log_set_handler(), if/when you're sure that any warnings can safely be ignored.

Allin Cottrell.