Re: easy newbie question (I think)

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Brian Clark wrote:

How do I access a particular item in a gtk window? If I have a window, which contains a box, which contains a button, how do I access the button, when all I have is a pointer to the window?

In a word, via a wrapper struct. Most gtk functions let you pass just one piece of "user data", but there's nothing to stop you making that piece a pointer to a struct, which can have as many members as you like, including, as in your case, pointers to specific widgets whose sensitivity you want to change depending on what happens elsewhere.

Allin Cottrell