Re: configure-event on eventbox in composite widget

Karl H. Beckers schrieb:

[...]Indeed :) ... and that works, thanks.

Karl.

Hi,

I was a little too enthusiastic, perhaps ... now I've shot myself in the foot.

I have this hbox with a callback connected to size-allocate which (among other things) changes the text in a label contained in the hbox. This apparently generates another size-allocate event on the hbox ... a loop.

I tried blocking the event handler in the beginning and unblocking before returning, but apparently the events are queued, for it doesn't help.

Then I tried doing a g_signal_stop_emission_by_name( (gpointer) hbox1, "size-allocate" ); ... in the beginning of the event handler.

This doesn't work either, though. Do these things only work outside event handlers?

Karl.