Re: Balloon-help or callout window

Daniel Godas wrote:

given that you have the image you want to draw you can create a bitmap
mask from it with gdk_pixbuf_render_threshold_alpha, then you can
create a gdkwindow using the mask and draw on it. You cant draw
outside drawables (thats why they are drawables cause you draw on
them) but i think this effect is what you are looking for.
If you what to make it chase the mouse cursor i ull have to set a
timer that takes its position and moves the window

Now that I think about it, the only non-window shaped thing I need to draw is a line from my help window to the widget I'm talking about, as at http://www.snakegully.nu/balloon.png. The actual help window can be a normal undecorated window, or a dialog