Re: Balloon-help or callout window

given that you have the image you want to draw you can create a bitmap
mask from it with gdk_pixbuf_render_threshold_alpha, then you can
create a gdkwindow using the mask and draw on it. You cant draw
outside drawables (thats why they are drawables cause you draw on
them) but i think this effect is what you are looking for.
If you what to make it chase the mouse cursor i ull have to set a
timer that takes its position and moves the window

have fun :)

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 08:14:06 +0200 (MEST), Peter Firefly Lund