Re: Gtk+ with C++ classes?

Zeeshan Ali wrote:
   I dont know anything about gtkmm but I've been compiling my gtk+
apps (3D graphics) quite successfully for win32 using VC++ and win32
ports of gtk+ and gtkglext. I hope gtkmm also have a working win32

gtkmm does not work with VC++ 6.0. It uses parts of the C++ standard that Microsoft does not implement. I haven't tried VC++ 7.

Using mingw gcc ( will work. It generates native windows code, not cygwin. It doesn't integrate completly with DevStudio, but there are other IDEs that you could use, such as Eclipse or MinGW Studio (

Tim Evans
Applied Research Associates NZ