Re: Auto Scrolling

Leo Przybylski ha scritto lo scorso 28/10/2004 22.46:
Hello,

I'm trying to tail a file using a GtkTextView. Is that the right way I should be going about it? Does anyone have examples or anything for an autoscrolliing GtkTextView ???

Leo

You have to place a textiter at the end of your text buffer:

    gtk_text_buffer_get_end_iter (buffer, & end_iter);

move an already generated mark to such iter (you can generate it once for all, e.g. in a realize_event, and use it referencing by name until your textview lives; in this case I gave it the name "scroll"):

    gtk_text_buffer_move_mark_by_name (buffer, "scroll", & end_iter);

and finally scroll (tvShell here is the textview to which buffer is associated):

    gtk_text_view_scroll_mark_onscreen (
                               GTK_TEXT_VIEW (tvShell),
                               gtk_text_buffer_get_mark (
                                                   buffer,