Re: gnome-defs

--- Pieter Engelen <engelen pieter gmail com> wrote:

Then the compiler wouldn't have to do name mangling.  (or not?)

  The compiler MUST do naming mangling when dealing with overloading and
overiding a function/method.

You said about  gnome-defs:
These directives tells the compiler to leave the fucntion names the way you
named them.

  Only if you want the compiler to treat them as C and not C++

euh.. Doesn't this automatically happens in C?

  Nope.

Does gnome-defs do also other stuff?

  I am not sure. I have not looked at that file as I do not cprogram stuff with
gnome.. only GTK.