gnome-defs

Hi,

I'm porting a tool from linux to windows.

This tool uses gnome-defs. I have looked at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/libgnome/gnome-gnome-defs.html

But I don't understand what they mean with:
"This module only defines two macros for wrapping public function
interface declarations in a C-accesible way. They are usually used in
header files. They are empty macros for C compilation and they map to
extern "C" for C++ compilation."

Could some one explain this to me please.

How do I port a header file Whit this in?

Greetz