Re: gtk+ with gnomecanvas on win32

Harring Figueiredo writes:
Is this something the Interix
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/default.asp
 could solve ?

Well, Interix or Cygwin both provide Unix emulation, so presumably
yes. If one would use Interix (or Cygwin) in ORBit2, then all the
other libraries, from GLib up, would also have to be built for Interix
(or Cygwin).

But one point of the "native" Win32 port of GLib, GTK+ etc has been
not to use such a layer. For instance, I think the acceptance of GIMP
on Windows would have been quite a bit lower if it would have run on
top of Interix or Cygwin. Windows end-users who have no Unix
experience and no wish to have any Unix emulation would then have to
use Unix pathnames when opening files in GIMP, for instance.

 Or are we avoiding it due to license issues ?

Don't know.

--tml