Re: gtk+ with gnomecanvas on win32

Daniel K. O. writes:
Doesn't it say:
"The core ORB is written in C, and runs under Linux, UNIX (BSD, Solaris,
HP-UX, ...), and Windows."

Where does it say that? They might mean Cygwin?

I tried (but I was not too motivated) to make it work once, but gave up
when the makefiles started failing miserably. I know near to nothing
about CORBA... Do you know if there's anything special about Orbit that
would make unportable to windows?

It uses GLib's GIOChannels in a way that doesn't work in the current
implementation of them on Windows. See bug #120299.

--tml