Re: gdk pixbufs, rgbbufs, efficiency, painting onto them

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:46:24 -0000, cali <calculus softhome net> wrote:
Have you tried gdk_draw_rgb_image() and gdk_draw_gray_image()? They

I've tried this, it is fine but the problem is the availability of
primatives for drawing directly onto the buffer; especially stuff like text,
splines and stuff. Unless I am mistaken, are such primatives available that
write directly to a gchar buffer?

Ah, sorry, I hadn't understood. There are a number of graphics
libraries which will render to a gchar buffer for you, for example
libart:

http://www.levien.com/libart/

This is the library used by gtk/gnomecanvas for rendering.