Re: gdk pixbufs, rgbbufs, efficiency, painting onto them

Have you tried gdk_draw_rgb_image() and gdk_draw_gray_image()? They
draw an RGB or greyscale buffer to the screen as quickly as possible.
On my (rather modest) machine with no h/w accelleration I get >30
megapixels / sec. There's a benchmark program in
gtk+-2.4.x/tests/testrgb.

I've tried this, it is fine but the problem is the availability of primatives for drawing directly onto the buffer; especially stuff like text, splines and stuff. Unless I am mistaken, are such primatives available that write directly to a gchar buffer?

cali