Re: Dealing with outstanding timeout callbacks

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 19:16 -0500, Braden McDaniel wrote:
On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 09:12 -0500, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

[snip]

Is it possible to get away with only calling
    gdk_window_process_updates (); ?

No; when I try that, the Web browser's widgets aren't responsive. (And
the code appears to loop when I shut down the Web browser.)

Ultimately I didn't need gdk_window_process_updates or the calls to
gtk_main_iteration; adding them just masked the Real Problem, which was
that my timeout interval was too big. (I inflated it as part of
debugging something that I cannot recall.)

Thanks for the help, gentlemen.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden endoframe com>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden jabber org>