gtk_tree collapse on view detach/reattach

Hi,

I'm having a little problem with a custom tree model that I wrote. I want to be able to add a large number of rows to the tree at various positions in the tree, so I'm using the idea listed at:
http://scentric.net/tutorial/sec-treemodel-add-rows.html#sec-treestore-adding-many-rows

This is perfect for what I need. The only problem is that the tree collapses when I detach/re-attach the tree view from the model. Would anybody know how to fix this from occuring, whether or not this is a bug in the tree code, etc.

regards,