compiling okay, success running gtk-app computer dependant

Hello,

I have the strangest problem.

Recently I bought another computer and installed Linux Suse and by hand gtk-2.4.10 and the whole bunch (glib, pango, etc...).

I compiled a program made in GTK okay but id did not run = Segmentation Fault .

I copied the program to the old computer, where it worked okay.

So compiling is okay, but why does it work on one computer and not the other?

Also compiling on the old computer and running it on the new gives segmentation fault.

This only seems to be a problem with GTK-programs, ANSI C compilation and running no problem.

Because the problem is so strange (to me in any case) here some info that may be relevant:
GTK versions on both computers are identical.
Both run on Suse , resp. 8.2 and 9.1.
Kernel different, old 2.4.20-4GB, new 2.6.4-7.111-default

Thank you for your help.