Re: Unit testing Gtk+ applications

Hi Tristan,

we are using check as well. And currently we test the gobjects that represent
data-structure and logic.

There are in-fact two reason why I would like to try to remote control my gtk
app. Beware it is just a wild idea! I would like to save dialogs as png images
while iterating over the application. I could compare the images, just to signal
that something has changed (which not neccesarilly is an error). On the other
hand  these images can go straigh to the documentation folder (always having
up-to-date doc-images).

I know that testing a GUI app more or less boils down to the question what one
really wants to test. For us going over a series of selected scenarios, that
involve showing all the dialogs in the application would be already a good
thing. It increases confidence that the application will work ;-)

So to others: How do you approach that?

Stefan

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:25:59 +0100, Stefan Kost