Drag and drop API question

To get all targets available for a drag, I use GdkDragContext->targets
(other solutions like gdk_selection_get_targets or GtkClipoard won't
work since KDE doesn't define TARGETS currently, and only XdndTypeList
is required by XDND).
The problem is, what is the type of elements in this GList, which is not
documented? I would have thought GtkAtom, but it's not.
I think adding a method gdk_selection_request_targets that callbacks for
each elem, like gtk_clipboard_request_targets, would be a good idea too.