Re: callback functions...signals ...events... process communications

   Hi everybody!
    I am francisco viola; this is my first time; they say that I'll never forget...
      So, I would like to know if I could attach a callback function to a signal
or event (?) that is fired (I mean "signaled") from inside another program
running in parallel? And how could this program pass a string to the callback
function, just before the signal firing? Does gtk offer some gadget to do these?

 Thanks for some help,

francisco