Re: 3 questions!!!

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 22:48 -0800, ionut grigorescu wrote:
Hello!!!
my questions are :

1) how can I place an image/animation (jpg/gif ...),
on the screen, without a window for it, or any widget
that is not in a window, like a button just sitting on
the screen waiting to be clicked?

I don't think it is possible. That said, you can create a POPUP type
window which has no title bar and just show the button, that should give
the same effect.

2) how can I make that widget travel on the screen
(without me touching it, the movement must depend on
time only) ?

Using g_timeout_add () and gdk_window_move () should do the trick ;)

3) what are the basic steps on creating a window
manager?

Window manager - like Metacity?

If so, can't help you on this one, try looking into how other window
managers (like Metacity?) work.  This is probably not the best list to
ask this question.

--
Regards,
Martyn