Re: Pure GTK vs Gnome

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 05:30:55AM +1200, Christopher Fairbairn wrote:
The only component I am not too sure about is storage of user
configuration/preference information. Under Gnome it seems the current
recommended method is GConf, what are the common techniques in use else
where? I don't want to reinvent the wheel so to speak if I don't have
to.

LogJam (logjam.danga.com) uses libxml to store its configuration in some
XML files.  You're welcome to borrow code from it (though it's a bit
messy), as long as your app is GPL.  :)

--
Evan Martin
martine danga com