Re: Questions I should have asked

Alf C Stockton writes:
Tor thank you for this suggestion but when I attempt it by adding
the -mms-bitfields to the linker options I still get "Incompatible
build!" & when I add it to the compiler switches I get told by
cc1.exe that "output filename specified twice".

Well, look closely at what command line the IDE actually tries to run
to compile. Is there something weird with it? Is there just one -o
option, immediately followed by an object file name? Somehow the IDE
manages to invoke the compiler with a mixed-up command line.

Why use IDEs if they cause problems like this? Why not start by
learning how to compile and link a hello-world program from the
command line, then continue on to write a Makefile for more complex
programs.

--tml