Re: real time video + gtk

Hi there,

I had a similar gtk+ (gtkmm actually) application
which displays images taken from a camera.  In my
case, it usually takes about 10-20 ms to render an
image of the size 360x360 on a P4 1.8G. (I use a
drawing area widget for that.)
You also can have a look at this website,
http://cse.unl.edu/~cluening/gqcam/

Enjoy,

Dan

--- Fabrice Chinjoie <fabrice chinjoie csiro au>
wrote:
Hello,
I would like to make an application with gtk with
real time video.
I want to capture frame with my camera and display
it on a gtk windows.
This task should be fast and not using too much CPU.
Does anyone ever
tried something like this?
Is SDL better for this kind of application and, if
yes, how to
incorporate the SDL into GTK....
Thank you all for your answers.
Regards.