Good old - Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x53319)! again

I ran into this a few years back when using V4L and Gtk. I thought I had it licked by putting gdk_threads_enter() into my code. Doesn't work now. I've tried adding XinitThreads() but then when I go to change the value in a text entry box, my app freezes. But w/o the XinitThreads() call my app freezes with the aforementioned error. Anyone know how to solve this?

I'm running kernel 2.4.22 with X 4.3.0 (using the ATI accelerated server for th Radeon 9600) and GTK 1.2.10.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

DT

--
Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html