Re: Cannot find library under Windows

On Mon, 24 May 2004 19:11:18 +0400
laurent waro <laurent_waro yahoo fr> wrote:

Well,
if someone try to programs with GTK under windows by DevC++ (which
provide actually a package for GTK+), is it necessary to install too
the
pakage founded on http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32?
a good programmer will install all needed libraries and header files
manually from the site without using GTK+ package for Dev-Cpp...

 On this site, the webmaster notes that it's necessary to :

"*With gcc, you should use the -mno-cygwin and -mms-bitfields flags.*
Using any other gcc setup will not work. This is because od struct
field
alignment If you don't understand what I am talking about, just trust
me."

So, my last question is : Does DevC++ (wich use gcc) make it (I mean
*use the -mno-cygwin and -mms-bitfields flags)* automatically or must
we
do it ourself?
...and will create a Makefile for himself ;)

there is no need to use Dev-Cpp environment. You just need gcc.exe and
make.exe to compile and link your program.

--
Hubert Sokolowski