Re: limits of widgets and show picture

I´m using a combo_box and it is filled by a query form MySQL (the query
is "SELECT description FROM groups ORDER BY group", when I don´t put
limits on it just shows the first row, but when I append a " LIMIT 10"
it show everything ok, the query returns me above 2500 rows, is there a
limit for the widgets, or for the lists of glib (I use g_list_append)?

I don't think there are limits. But before looking into details, which
Gtk+ Version (1.2, 2.2, 2.4) are you using? 2.4 introduced GtkComboBox,
while 2.0 deprecated GtkCombo.

And how can I show a picture .gif or .jpg, I tried to get an exmaple
from the glade examples from web but I didn´t undernestand, and wich is
the best widget for that? pixmap?

Filename -> gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() -> gtk_image_new_from_pixbuf()

HTH

Jan-Marek