Color question

I have an appthat is reading data from an odbc database and drawing the
results on a drawing area. One line drawn per row returned. Table data as
follows:

Start_of_line   End_Of_Line     Color
0                       10                      565466
10                      17                      99094
17                      42                      255

One of the columns returned is a color. So I want to draw the each rectangle
colored as per the record. When I try to change the color, it changes the
color of all the previous rectangles that I have drawn. Do I need to define a
separate color for each possible color option?

Thanks,
Kim