Problems when compiling glib 2.4.0 with mingw

Vincent Torri writes:
*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
./glib/libglib-2.0.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

(Presumably that message said "../glib/libglib-2.0.la", not
"./glib/..."?) Hmm. libtool problems certainly can be very confusing,
and hard to debug. I notice that the libtool packaged with the glib
2.4.0 tarball is 1.5.2, while the one I use is 1.5, it's possible that
there has been some odd change in it...

At what point did you get this message? Had it built a static libglib,
or a DLL? The intention is that only a DLL is built. What does the
libglib-2.0.la you produced contain?

--tml