Re: GtkDialog and `delete-event'

I wrote:
Hi.

Is there any way I could cleanly prevent a GtkDialog from being deleted?
The normal procedure is to connect gtk_true() to `delete-event', but it
won't work for GtkDialog (GtkFileSelection more precisely).  Apparently,
the GtkDialog's handler of that event prevents any other handlers from
being run, but I don't understand how.

This code doesn't work:

    g_signal_connect(dialog, "delete-event",
                   G_CALLBACK(gtk_true), NULL);

[...]

Of course it was my fault, not GTK+'s :(  I used to write response
handlers like

  if (response_id == ...) {
  else
    gtk_widget_destroy(...)

So, the widget was destroyed from within my own code, not by GTK+'s
handling of `delete' event.  Now I write

  else if (response_id == GTK_RESPONSE_CANCEL)
    gtk_widget_destroy(...)

instead.  Oh well, at least I know signal propagation guts better
now :), result accumulators and stuff.

Paul