help req. on custom key mapping

hi all,
I have some customized keyboard which is generating some non-standard keycodes to which i need to map some proper required actions/keyvalues.

I need to map the keycodes to the required keyvals in my GTK+ based application.

Is there any way i can get it work properply?

I tried on X-server based GTK+ plotform, where i registered one snooper function using gtk_key_snooper_install(). Where i changed the members of GdkEventKey members appropriately.
There it was working fine for me.

When I tested the same in the directfb plotform, the application is not working properly. There Arrows, Space are not working properly especially in spin button, entry box, radio button, check box etc., where it has some special default meaning/action to do.

Is there any way i can accomplish the same on directFb/framebuffer the plotform?

thanx in advance,
-rajesh