Re: dynamic gtk_list_store

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:02:14 -0400 (EDT)
Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu> wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, John Coppens wrote:

I'm writing (trying to, at least) write an app where I need liststore
- type of table, but not only the number of rows varies - also the
number of columns varies quite dynamically.

I can't find an elegant way to do this. The idea of defining a
fixed-width list at the beginning seems limiting to me, or is that
really the way to go? Or is it necessary to write a new store type
first?

I'd be interested in the answer to this too.  I haven't found a way to
dyamically resize a liststore (add columns).  I have resorted to
building a new one, copying the information across, and destroying the
old one.

Yes - and I'm not even sure how to destroy the old store either,
without creating a memory leak. I think I found most of the tutorials and
examples on the web, but none resizes the data store, or even destroys it.

John