Re: sdl gtk

Fabrice Chinjoie wrote:
When using SDL with GTK, you need a gtkwindow to display it in. You have to hack the windowid. I can display my frames with sdl and gtk. But, I want to put in the same gtkwindow, a panel control (play,pause,...) on the left and on the right the sdl display. I can do this when the panel control and the sdl display aren't in the same gtkwindow. To put both in the same, i need a kind of "window in another window". SDL can be used only in a window, not a drawing area or another kind of widget...

I've never tried mixing these technolagies myself but I assume you only
need the capabilities of a GtkWindow to embed your sdl stuff, I'm not
sure if it will work but have you tried embedding a GtkWindow of type
GTK_WINDOW_POPUP "inside" your GtkWindow of type GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL ?

Docs say:
Windows with type GTK_WINDOW_POPUP are ignored by the window manager; window manager keybindings won't work on them, the window manager won't decorate the window with a frame, ...

I dont see why you wouldn't be allowed to make a popup type window a child
widget in your main toplevel container.

Cheers,
                            -Tristan