Re: Debugging memory

Daniel> Is there any parameter I can pass to an application or may be
Daniel> compilation options for GTK/GDK/GLIB, so I can see a report (in
Daniel> stdout, for example) of the memory leaks in a program? I'm
Daniel> writting some complex classes and I would like to know If I
Daniel> really free all correctly.

Leandro>        You can use either valgrind (if you're developing in
Leandro> Linux/x86), or memprof (this one is easier to use, but valgrind
Leandro> provides more options).

OK, but both of these (and a bunch of others I could name) work on the
level of malloc.  Doesn't Glib use its own "pooled" allocator on top of
that?  malloc based tools won't be very useful for tracking such
allocations.

--
Nothing can be explained to a stone.
Or to a stoned person, either.