EggTrayIcon: how to know if the systray area is available/visible to the user

Hello,

Don't know if its the right place to ask questions for experimental functionality in LibEGG, but maybe anyone knows if there any means to detect if system tray area is available (in GNOME/KDE environments).

I need this to check if I can hide the application window, so the user still has another mean to make popup the application window show up again (with a click on the systray icon).

I've skipped through the EggTrayicon.h but didn't seem to find any method/signal that would tell me if my icon is really visible to the user (thus, if theres no systray area, -- no icons are shown).

Thanks,
 -- Saulius Menkevičius, bob nulis lt