Icon in WindowMaker, and archive search

First, the search link on the Mailman page for this list doesn't work.
Is this a known problem?

Second, what do I need to do to make WindowMaker display an _application_
icon for my program without user configuration?  I do the following:

  icon_pixbuf = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_xpm_data (app_icon_xpm);
  if (icon_pixbuf == NULL)
    error (1, 0, "failed to create icon pixbuf");

  top = (GtkWindow*) gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
  if (top == NULL)
    error (1, 0, "failed to create main window");

  gtk_window_set_icon (top, icon_pixbuf);
  gtk_window_set_type_hint (top, GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_NORMAL);

and I get the correct icon _for the minimized window_, but not for the app.
The app icon is still the default WindowMaker "gear" icon.

TIA

--
Nothing can be explained to a stone.
Or to a stoned person, either.