Re: color selection and tree view

I wrote:

Ian> gtk_color_selection_set_update_policy is deprecated, but nothing
Ian> tells me of an alternative way to get the effect of
Ian> GTK_POLICY_DELAYED.  (GTK_POLICY_CONTINUOUS seems to be the
Ian> default, and GTK_POLICY_DISCONTINUOUS should be fairly easy by
Ian> polling the mouse.)

It turns out to be fairly simple to achieve the effect with an idle function.

Ian> But, as for the second part, how do I temporarily disable sorting
Ian> on a sorted view?  Merely setting the sort column to
Ian> GTK_DEFAULT_SORT_COLUMN_ID doesn't do it, bacause I have already
Ian> used gtk_tree_sortable_set_default_sort_func() to basically
Ian> remember the initial order.  Using the same function with a NULL
Ian> parameter leads to a segfault, which tells me that there is an
Ian> internal do-nothing function installed initially.  But I cannot
Ian> retrieve _that_ and use it because there is no
Ian> gtk_tree_sortable_get_default_sort_func.

Ian> Really, I simply want (but cannot find) something like a "sortable"
Ian> property on the view that I can clear before the big operation and
Ian> set again after.

I found the answer by looking at gtk source, and it is completely
bizarre.  It turns out I have to set the internal data member
sort_column_id of GtkListStore to -2.  It cannot be done with
gtk_tree_sortable_set_sort_column_id because that function validates the
column in some way.

I think this is a bug; I'll report it when I have time.

--
Nothing can be explained to a stone.
Or to a stoned person, either.