GHashTable as set

[Am I right to think that GLib questions go here as well?]

I'm using a GHashTable as a set, that is I have the same key and value.
If these keys and values are complex enough that I need to pass in the
destroy_funcs, is there anything about when what is freed I should be
aware of?  It seems to me that doing insert may sometimes case the
destroy_funcs to be called, can somebody tell me what I can expect in
that area?

Thanks,
-Lars