Re: Re: Help with flickering widgets when showing and hiding!!

From: Jan-Marek Glogowski <glogow fbihome de>
Date: 2004/07/23 Fri PM 08:53:56 EST
To: crypto_stonelock sympatico ca
CC: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Help with flickering widgets when showing and hiding!!

What happens, if you use

window = GTK_WIDGET( my_gtk_list )->window;
or
window = GTK_WIDGET( my_gtk_window )->window

gdk_window_freeze_updates( window );
gtk_widget_show( item_old );
gtk_widget_hide( item_new );
gdk_window_thaw_updates( window );
[gdk_flush();]

Thats what I'm talking about. This is the kind of stuff I was looking for!!

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to yield any kind of result. Seems like it should be some trick like this
though. I need to be able to stop the drawing on screen, update in some backbuffer the whole list and then
show it on screen. I think part of the problem is that the window resizes itself for a fraction of a second
when I hide the topmost item and show the bottom most item.

Thank you for this bit of information.

aXoneX