Re: errors while building Planner.

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 09:11 +0530, Setul Kumar Patel wrote:
Hi Everyone,
 While building Planner from CVS with the command ./autogen.sh i got
this errors:
configure: error: Library requirements (
        glib-2.0 >= 2.0.4
        gobject-2.0 gmodule-2.0
        gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0
        libgnomecanvas-2.0 >= 2.0.1
        libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.0.1
        libglade-2.0 >= 2.0.0
        libbonoboui-2.0 >= 2.0.0
        libgnomeprintui-2.2 >= 2.1.9
        gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.0.2
        gconf-2.0 >= 1.1.9
) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find
them.

I am using Fedora Core 1 distro. So anyone can help me which libary
packages i have to install onto my system.
I also tried   $pkg-config --libs --cflags glib-2.0
Result: -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  -lglib-2.0
Tell me what to do next ? bit confussed ???

The problem is that Planner needs newer versions of some libraries than
are contained within Fedora Core 1.  For example, from your error above
Planner needs GTK+ 2.0 with a version of at least 2.4.0, Fedora Core 1
only has version 2.2.4.

To fix this you will need to go through each of the libraries listed in
your error, checking the version Planner needs against the version
installed on your system, upgrading as needed.

This could end up getting quite complicated, especially once you start
having to resolve dependencies.  I would recommend you upgrade your
whole system to Fedora Core 2, which should fix most of these problems.

However, this is not a GTK+ question, so if you need more help you
should try asking on the Fedora mailing list: