load image

Hi,
I have a grabber card (meteor 2). I wrote a program in C which gets a pgm image (black and white) from the buffer and writes it on the disk. Now, I want to display the image on the screen. I read how to use gtk to load an image from a file on the disk (gtk_image_new_from_file(file)). However, I don't want to load the image from a file but I want to use the image I put in the memory buffer, how can I load it?
thanks
federico