Re: signals to 2 objects - it's worse

As I said, I'm learning as I go, and this issue has
exposed a major design flaw in my program.  So I have
to solve that problem, and then I think this issue
will  no longer exist.
So... thanks for the responses!
walter

--- Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com> wrote:
walter tallent wrote:
[ ... ]
How can the board send the
signal to both the game and the app and make sure
that
game gets it first?  Or is there another mechanism
altogether I should be using to do this?

First of all, a signal is sent to signify that
"something happened",
generaly the order of signals handlers should be
arbitrary for a good
and solid design (except the signal handlers
installed by the
class ofcourse). Generaly, if this is important and
you want to maintain
a workable design, if you think about it your app
isn't really interested
in the "board" signal, your app is interested in the
"game-recieved-and-processed-board" signal.

Note though, that singnals are marshalled in a
first-come-first-serve manner,
so in the game object constructor, which I assume
creates its child board
object, the game object will connect to the correct
signals before exiting
from its constructor, so technicly the app cant
connect to board signals
before the game can.

Cheers,
                                  -Tristan