Re: Stock menu items

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 03:24, Chris Seaton wrote:
My program has File menu that contains an Open item. For this I'm using
the stock item GTK_STOCK_OPEN. I'm using the item factory.

My program also has a Notes menu however, and that also contains an Open
item. I want that to have the open icon, but not the shortcut keys (they
can't both have the same shortcut keys).

How do I do this with item factory?

If you have two menus items labelled the same, with the same stock icon,
in two different menus, that might be pretty confusing. What are the
users opening? A file? A note? A note saved as a file?