Re: win32: use ms default fonts for menus and such... need a pango expert

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:37:00PM +0100, Ulf Lamping wrote:
I'm interested, using the default win32 fonts for all menus and such, as
this will look much more familiar to win32 users, than the GTK defaults.

Allin Cottrell has written code to do exactly this, see:

http://www.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/gtk_win32/#winfont

The code works fine in it's GTK1 version, but the GTK2 version fails (at
least on my Win XP machine),
although Allin reported that it works on his systems (Win 98 and XP) ok.

This probably belongs in your GTK theme, not in your application.  I
know I tried to do something like this when I was writing gtk-nativewin
(now part of gtk-wimp: http://gtk-wimp.sourceforge.net/).  Looking at
their screenshots, it appears they actually may use Windows fonts
already.

--
Evan Martin
martine danga com