Re: Layout Question

Adam Voigt wrote:
Apologies if this seems incredibly simple, but I'm brand-new to GTK and
trying to figure out the box (layout) concept. Lets say I wanted someone
to enter their firstname, in HTML I would do:

Firstname: <input type="text" name="firstname" size="10">

No matter what size their window, firstname would always be one space
from the field, and the field would always be 10 characters long. I'm
trying to get something similiar in GTK, but right now, when I expand
the window, the spaces around firstname and the length of the field,
continue to expand to fill the window.

If someones running at 1024x768, I don't want a 800 character text field
for their firstname, so how do I make it stop filling the entire area?

Thanks very much.

When you use gtk_box_pack_start(), use FALSE and FALSE for expand and fill.