Re: Relocated Compiling... Any tips ?

 I bet you know that.. but so that it doesn't go unsaid..

 Once you add the env. var to your .bashrc, you must source it in as to make
the env. var active. ( Usually by opening another shell) -- Watch the result of
pkg-config to make sure it changed.

Good luck

--- Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com> wrote:
Harring Figueiredo wrote:

 What a do is simply:

 1) build glib wiht prefix=/<some_dir>/getk_<major>_<minor>...
 2) ln -s <some_dir>/getk_<major>_<minor> gtk

  Then:
  on my .bashrc I include
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<some_dir>gtk/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=<some_dir>/gtk/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
  export PATH=<some_dir>/gtk/bin

  Then compile the rest -- from that point on, pkg-config will take care of
the
rest.

 When I want to back to the previous version of gtk, I just change the sym.
link and recompile my app -- it works like a charm.

Thanks alot, I'll try that ;-)
(I guess the main thing I was missing, was to at least relocate
install to the *same* relocated directory :-D )

Cheers,
                   -Tristan