Re: Q: how to stop a drawingarea from being drawn?

Johan Knol wrote:
That works *perfectly*. However, every resize of its toplevel parent sends a "draw" signal that clears the drawingarea (because it's empty) and after that SDL refreshes it. That causes an anoying flickering. I can connect to that signal, but since the signal function returns void, how do I prevent that from happening?
You cant return boolean from a callback that is defined void, there
is no accumulator assigned for the return code.

On the other hand you *can* create your own flavor of drawing area
that doesn't draw when you dont want it to (derive, polymorph
draw method).

Also, iirc the draw signal is a result of another signal,
(GdkEventConfigure/"configure-event" or "resize-event" or
"expose-event" or some such ?), those signals you can return
false from if i'm not mistaken.

HTH,
                   -Tristan