Re: Java Versus gtk

On the other hand, there are quite some fully featured Java IDEs, some
of them for free, which certainly support full portability of Java.

I dislike all Java IDEs I have tried by the way.

To my knowledge, for GTK+ there is currently only Glade
Try anjuta from http://anjuta.sourceforge.net . Its under GPL (of course),
is  an excellent IDE (much much better than Visual Studio) and has excellent
GTK integration
It has Intellisense (the one MS always brags about) and in my  opinion it is
much better than Visual Studio's .
Also it has excellent project management options and excellent interface
Morever the author is from my country!!
try it!
Regards
Manish