C++ Versus C (Was Re: Java Versus gtk)

Michael L Torrie wrote:
[snip]
Clearly that code is not as robust nor safe (or probably even correct)
but I just wanted to show that C can be almost a flexible as C++.

I'm sorry,
    I know this thread is getting pretty carried away and all,
I'm just surprised that you use the word "almost", in what way
can C++ be more flexable ?

Best Regards,
                             -Tristan

PS:
    Maybe I should read some paper on "why was C++ invented", (anyone
have a pointer to that ?) all I've got so far is "to have a C flavor
of OOP *language*", and we already know that we can achive OOP using
libraries and alot of boilerplate code.  When we found out how usefull
<string.h> was; we didn't invent a new compiler.